The end result of the project was an eCommerce platform fully integrated into the AndPlus Ethereum network. The website is able to transfer ERC20 tokens to users who received positive feedback on their reviews. The user is able to see their current token balance at the top of the webpage. The website itself acts as an account on the blockchain and moves its balance to the different wallets based on review interactions. While wallets are currently created for each new account in the system, external wallets on the same chain could be imported to the user's account to help them centralize their currencies.
The backend of the project involved both an API capable of communicating with the blockchain but also an ERC20 token contract created as the token currency. The ERC20 token was customized to support our eCommerce demo website but can be used in any other platform running on the AndPlus Ethereum network.
How it Was Done
- An eCommerce ecosystem prototype was created to facilitate the creation of event reviews for other users within the system.
- A rating system was implemented so that users could self-curate good and bad reviews to prevent non-constructive content from taking center stage.
- Each positive rating on a review awards the user with a ReviewToken: our custom ERC20 token that exists in the private AndPlus Ethereum chain.
- ReviewTokens can be exchanged for discounts for future events ensuring that the best content creators are writing more future content.
- MetaMask, a chrome plugin for viewing Ethereum networks, was used to give real-time insight into the AndPlus Ethereum network